PLEASE NOTE: As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve had to make a few changes to our facility rentals. These changes have been put in place to keep you, your guests and our staff safe and healthy. These changes are non-negotiable and are indicated below and throughout the contract in red boxes.
Please note we will only be renting out the facilities in the green phase of the governor’s re-opening schedule, should our status change, rentals may be suspended and reservations could be cancelled. Also, we will be following all national, state and county mandates. Should a new mandate be put in place, we will be editing our rental procedures to accommodate that mandate.
Changes are as follows:
1. A COVID-19 cleaning charge of $200 will be added to all community room rentals in addition to the rental fee, security deposit and the security guard fee. This is non-negotiable. A professional company will be coming in to clean the room and bathrooms after each use.
2. Per the green phase restrictions we are only allowed to open our community room at 50% capacity. This means max. capacity of the community room will be 42 people for the time being.
3. We require masks to be worn when inside the community room, within reason. We also encourage you to wear masks when renting an outdoor space.
4. Bathrooms are only available for community room rentals. They will be included in the COVID cleaning, so they will be cleaned and disinfected before each rental. This also means outdoor rentals will only be able to use the park porta-potties. Porta-potties are cleaned regularly.
5. As the state of the pandemic evolves; new conditions could be added at any time. This means we reserve the right to change this agreement at any time for everyone’s well-being.
6. You will be required to sign a COVID-19 Liability Waiver Form.
As a courtesy to our community, Penn Township rents out their indoor and outdoor facilities to the public for various events, parties and meetings. Penn Township does not rent their facilities out for fundraisers, soliciting purposes or for any public or private political function unless special written approval from the Penn Township Supervisors is granted. Anyone over the age of 21 is allowed to rent the facilities but Penn Township residents will receive a resident discount on their rental fees.
The Finnen Community Room
The Finnen Community Room at Penn Township is the perfect indoor space for your rental needs. The ceramic tiled facility with an attractive foyer and beautiful stone hearth fire place creates a comfortable setting for any event. A kitchen with a full size refrigerator, sink, microwave and counter space is included with rental of the facility. The room has seating for up to 84 people with ample parking available. Renters, please note that alcohol is NOT permitted in the room, no exceptions. Please read through the rental agreement for room specifications, rental fees and other information you’ll need to know when renting the room. Finnen Room History: On December 9, 2015 the community room was named to honor Bill and Jane Finnen for their dedication to Penn Township and the community. This room was constructed at no cost to taxpayers.
The Penn Park Pavilion
Situated in the center of the beautiful Penn Township Park stands a multi-use pavilion perfect for picnics, parties, reunions, etc. The pavilion is perfectly positioned near the playground, charcoal grills, horse shoe pits and volleyball court (Please note: you must bring your own charcoal, balls and horse shoes). The pavilion offers 14 picnic tables and enough seating for 100+ people. Renters, please note that alcohol is NOT permitted in the park, no exceptions. Please read through the rental agreement for pavilion specifications, rental fees and other information you’ll need to know when renting the pavilion.
The Penn Park Gazebos
In addition to the pavilion, Penn Township Park also has four white gazebos that can be rented out for smaller functions. Each gazebo is outfitted with two picnic tables and can seat about 20 people. Renters will be able to choose which gazebo they would like to reserve. Renters, please note that alcohol is NOT permitted in the park, no exceptions. Please read through the rental agreement for gazebo specifications, rental fees and other information you’ll need to know when renting one of the gazebos.
Penn Park Fire Pit - CALL OFFICE FOR RENTAL INFO
In 2016 Marvel’s Landscaping generously donated and built the Penn Park Fire Pit. Situated near two of the park gazebos the fire pit is able to be reserved when also renting out the park pavilion. The fire pit is a perfect addition for a s’mores night, summer BBQ’s or spooky stories in the fall. Renters, please note that alcohol is NOT permitted in the park, no exceptions. There will be an extra fee to use the fire pit with your pavilion reservation. You will be asked to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement in addition to the township’s rental agreement. Please read through the rental agreement for specifications, rental fees and other information you’ll need to know when renting the fire pit.