Click here to download a larger version in PDF of this map that allows you to ‘zoom’ in for a closer look

Click here to view the Penn Township Interactive Zoning Map – Amended 2019

 A Word From Our Building Inspector/Zoning Officer

Below is a list of items that will require a permit. If you are looking for information regarding zoning, you should first refer to our zoning map and Zoning Ordinance. The map can be found above and the Zoning Ordinance can be found in the Township office. You can stop by anytime during normal office hours to look at the book or you may purchase the book (cash or check) for $50. If you would like to purchase a book any advanced notice you can give us is appreciated. For more information regarding permits check out the Permit Requirements Fact Sheet.

What do I need a permit for?

  • New buildings, renovations, additions or installments
  • Demolition
  • Electrical and plumbing work
  • Fences over 6-8 feet
  • Sheds, accessory structures
  • Signs
  • Fire alarm and sprinkler systems
  • Pools in excess of 24 inches high
  • Decks/patios
  • Driveway extensions
  • Anything that effects a building’s structure
  • Boilers, water heaters, furnaces
  • HVAC
  • Drainage systems
  • Home occupations

*Some additions and installments, such as decks, need to be approved by homeowner’s HOA before coming to the township for permits.

**If you are ever unsure whether you need a permit, call the office.**